Welcome to World Languages! Lassiter High School World Languages (LHS WL) Department offers language studies in Spanish, French, German, and American Sign Language. In our program, our goal is to prepare students to be competitive when applying for college and entering the workforce. Students need to be language proficient and culturally competent in today’s global economy.
At LHS, students have many opportunities to learn and experience the language in academics, extracurricular activities, and travel:
- Strives to develop proficiency in languages other than English in order to help students communicate and connect successfully with other cultures.
- Prepares students to take the AP test, the SAT 2, and National Exam.
- Invites students to join the Spanish National Honor Society, French Honor Society, or German Honor Society.
- Sends students to participate in the Governor’s Honors Program.
- Students can also earn Georgia’s Seal of Biliteracy.
- Languages of Lassiter (LOL), our language club, is the largest club in the school with over 500 members. LOL brings together students from all language studies to celebrate culture and diversity. LOL also awards three scholarships to graduating seniors.
- Hispanic Organization for the Promotion of Education (HoPE) creates a sense of community among students from diverse groups, promotes leadership and team-building skills, and provides scholarships to colleges and universities.
- LHS students also have the opportunity to participate in immersion camps and spoken language contests.
- LHS WL hosts exchange students.
- Students also have the opportunity to travel abroad to enrich their language and learn about the cultures of various countries.