Welcome to World Languages! Lassiter High School World Languages (LHS WL) Department offers language studies in Spanish, French, German, as well as Chinese at times. In our program, our goal is to prepare students to be competitive when applying for college and entering the workforce. Students need to be language proficient and culturally competent in today’s global economy.
At LHS, students have many opportunities to learn and experience the language in academics, extracurricular activities and travel:
- The LHS WL program strives to develop proficiency in languages other than English in order to help students communicate and connect successfully with other cultures.
- LHS WL prepares students to take the AP test, the SAT 2 and National Exam.
- Invites students to join the Spanish National Honor Society, French Honor Society, or German Honor Society
- Sends students to participate in the Governor’s Honors Program.
- New this year, students can also earn Georgia’s Seal of Biliteracy
- Languages of Lassiter (LOL), our language club, is the largest club in the school with 535 members for the 2016-2017 school year. LOL brings together students from all language studies and also awards three scholarships to graduating seniors.
- New this year, we were selected to lead a HoPE Chapter. The mission of the Hispanic Organization for the Promotion of Education is to develop and advance academic goals and leadership skills among Hispanic and minority students.
- LHS students also have the opportunity to participate in Spanish-immersion camps and spoken language contests.
- LHS WL hosts exchange students.
- Students also have the opportunity to travel abroad to enrich their language and learn about the cultures of various countries.
Adriana GonzalezBlog Access Codes
Richmond MaysBlog Access Codes
German 1 - 1st Period: XSRPH-36V8X
German 2 - 2nd Period: JRVFQ-X5C68
AP/German IV - 3rd Period: 7N7B2-RD4Q8
German 3 - 5th and 6th Periods: B2VCD-VPF33